Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Work Is For Jerks

Got back to work today, pretty weird to try to get back into the swing of things in the middle of the week. I like most people dislike my job, i don't hate it but i seem to tolerate it's existence every day for 8 hours. I'ma pretty positive person most of the time, but my job has been sucking the life out of me lately. I can't really tell if it's because i'm letting it, or if it's because i'm finally realizing how much time i'm wasting being there. There's already not enough time in the day, i'd rather not wither my existence away standing around. I catch myself often standing on the sales floor waiting for customers to come up to me with one of the same three questions they always have. And in those moments i think to myself, "Man I wish i was recording right now" or "I could be out just sitting on my front porch enjoying the weather and be having more fun than this."

"No, I'm sorry we do carry the WII, but we don't have it right now."

"Yes none of the 4,000 DVD's you own will play on a Blu-Ray Player, your entire collection is useless if you buy one."

"Yes, i'm sure they have it at Nebraska Furniture Mart."

That's pretty much a breakdown of my week, only repeat that segment about 100 times, every day. I guess I shouldn't complain much I do have a cushy job that allows me to get paid for doing absolutely nothing most days. I just need something to break the monotony sometimes.

I think that i'm addicted to smoking Black and Mild's. I've been smoking them on and off since i was about 17, and for whatever reason these last couple months i've been relying on them for some form of comfort. I think it's completely psychological, but i had a headache today of the pounding throbbing variety. Went out on my lunch break, smoked a Black, presto the headache was gone. Went to play basketball the other day, and after the first game i felt like i had just smoked an entire carton of cigarettes. It wasn't a good look at all. i'm only 25, and i feel really out of shape, and i mean really. it's been 4 years since my college football days, and although i've been active in spurts i definitely haven't been recently and boy is it catching up to me. i think i need to rededicate myself to some weekly workouts again before i slip away. Bc i'm not getting any younger, trust me.

So this week there's entirely too much going on in the local scene for me to be able to handle. My man Hozey-T (www.myspace.com/hozeywho) has his birthday bash tomorrow night at Club Rain. I know it's gonna be extra extra cramped in there, if you've ever been to that spot you know what i mean. Then, Friday my homeys Reach, Approach, Deep Thinkers, and i think the Bluez Brothaz are rocking The Brick. It's always a pleasure to see polished emcees on stage doing their thing. Shout out to Approach for just coming off tour w/ Mac Lethal. In between all of that i still desperately need to get into the studio to finish my mixtape finally. I vowed that i would chill for this month barring gas prices, but they're not making it easy on me at all. We'll see how strongly temptation yields its' hold on me.

No comments: