Friday, May 23, 2008

What's Wrong With a Little Swagger....

Now I'm not an advocate of people who walk around and think they're for lack of a better term, "unfuckwittable". You know the cats you see in the place to be who swear they're "that dude", but don't have any real reason to have those thoughts. Or the females who act seditty to every guy who approaches them on the dancefloor, when they're grinding off rhythm to every song....

"Girl I'm trying to help YOU out"....

I am a firm believer in keeping it all the way real though, because alot of people these days are suspect. If your bills are late every month because you want to buy the bar everytime you and your boys go out, that's not swagger that's stupid. How dope are you when you're sitting in your crib with candles lit? When you're asking your girl....

"Let me hold something till the 1st?"....

Now don't get me wrong swagger is necessary these days, especially with all these hate birds flying around. But you have to use it in moderation, otherwise you kill the whole scene. And swagger comes in many different substances. It's not just walking around all day like you're the illest to ever walk the Earth. You have to find your personal swagger and mold it to fit you. Don't be the outspoken life of the party type if your really the laid back let everything come to you type. And ladies, confidence and swagger is attractive when used properly. like my man Phonte said,

"She's not conceited she just act stuck up, to weed out the fuck ups"--("Delusional")

Which means don't shut em all down but keep your standards. And me personally I can't stand women with low self-esteem.

Sidebar to my dudes: Why is it the dopest girls are always the one's with low self-steem, and the mudd ducks are always the one with they head in the clouds?. Like,

"That's a dope fit ma, but NOT ON YOU"....

When my wife's on my arm, (3 Weeks and counting) she has that attitude that she knows she's killing em. (Reference 'Get Enough' on my Myspace)

"Walk is mean so fluid in jeans, you are the movement i'm foolish when choosing to speak"....

But, she also knows she doesn't need to say a word about it. That my friends is swagger.

The moral of the story is, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having swagger. I have it, you should have it, and everybody you run with should have it. But, at the same time BE YOURSELF (shout to M.Port'd Flows. Pittsburgh stand Up!). And if you don't have swagger right now, that's cool too. For some people it takes time to develop, and some times life tries to take it away from you. HOLD TIGHT TO YOUR SWAGGER.

Love. Live. Life.

No comments: